ME and my blog...

CUCKI STITCHING COVE ~ A place where dreams live ~
simple thoughts and happiness of an ordinary lady-

Friday 20 July 2012

***What a news***

hello dear friends and happy Thursday :)
where does the time go?it just seems that days are flying too fast..
i hope the day has been super happy for you...it has been truly for me...
life is going on happily..
so in this little time the one i am getting..i am so busy but enjoying myself..
*~*~*~*
 i just have to share this..
next month on 25 august is my birthday and my family surprised me with my early birthday gift..
they are sending me to "ighali workshop"to cape town.
i will fly on 27 august and it is a 3 day workshop and i will come back on 31 august.
i will attend Hardanger Sampler class there..
here it will look like this..

 i received the material and thread from my teacher..i have to do satin stitch and kloster block and finish before ighali and the rest i will do in the workshop with my teacher..
i can chose the color of the threads and it is on linen material..
i chose mushroom color and it is perle thread..
here is my tiny progress....
 i enjoying it from my heart <3
*.*

Ighali 2012 - Accommodation:-


 Set in 130 hectares of fynbos in the Hemel-en Aarde Valley near the town Hermanus in the Western Cape.




                                         volmoed...
oh dear i am so excited for it..i am truly spoiled..thank you to my kind and wonderful hubby...ME so blessed to be with him..
i love him!!!


<3<3<3  
thank you for letting me share...
On that note... I better get back to stitching!
 Wishing you all warm smiles...
blessings from the cove :)


 cucki

*.*



35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift Cucki. Your stitching looks lovely.♥

Peggy Lee said...

Oh Cucki I am so excited for you! A very sweet hubby indeed!

I have never tried Hardanger. I will follow your progress.

:o)

Anonymous said...

Hello cucki

what a great husband! The accomodation looks beautiful.
Your start is lovely, I love hardanger!
Happy weekend.

Melissa said...

WOW How lucky! What a lovely B-day gift that's for sure!

Have fun :)

Melissa

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful, special gift! I've always said I'd rather have experiences than things!

Carol said...

You lucky girl--what a wonderful gift from your husband :)

butterfly said...

Lucky lucky girl how nice of your DH , looks a lovely place, a wonderful gift.

Valma said...

woooo what a wonderful birthday present
I'm so happy and excited for you
moreover the place seems to be an enchantment
you will feel like Marianne Dashwood there =D
big hugs
xxxx
(and congrats to hubby for this wonderful idea)

Heather said...

Wow! What a wonderful birthday gift. I hope you have a lovely time.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Your story shows everyone that, there is still hope for finding true love:)) I think you got one :))

It is a wonderful gift for birthday and wish you to be as happy as of today!!!

Have a great weekend!

Lainey said...

What a wonderful gift from your DH. It looks a beautiful place. Lovely stitchy start. Hugs!

mdgtjulie said...

Oh, what a wonderful gift. That's awesome, Cucki. Huge grats to you. You'll find that the hardanger part is much easier than it looks. (That's the beauty of it. It looks extremely difficult, but it really isn't.) I hope you enjoy every minute of it!!! You've got a nice start too. Isn't it nice how fast the Kloster Blocks go compared to Cross Stitch!!

Catherine said...

What a sweet husband you have! Lucky girl!! I've always been a little nervous to try hardanger ~ I'll be waiting for your reviews!

Lumiruusu said...

The hardanger stitching has a good start -I am sure you will have so fun at the workshop :)

Southpaw Stitcher said...

What a lovely hardanger piece, and you have made a great start! I know you'll have a great time at the workshop. Happy belated birthday!

Kerryp77 said...

looks amazing Cucki, have a fabulous time. xx

Penny said...

How exciting Cucki and what a sweet thing for your husband to do! :) Hope you will tell us all about it when you get back. :)

beagleAnnie said...

Hi cucki
What a wonderful gift to you!! Have a fun time there.

lesli said...

Dear, Cucki! that is a beautiful gift you received! I can't wait to see your hardanger piece! Happy early birthday to you!!

Michelle said...

Oh wow wow wow what a lovely place to go to. I must look out for that place when we visit Cape Town in February next year xx

Meari said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you... and a bit envious. :)

Shelleen said...

Wow, you have a great hubby and you will have a blast.

Mindi said...

Oh wow! Sounds like you're going to have a fantastic vacation and get to work on a gorgeous project. I love the colors you picked.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Early Birthday! What a lovely present from hubby, you'll have such a good time. I wish we could all come too.

Michelle said...

thats a really cool birthday present - hope u really enjoy it x

Christine said...

What a fantastic present! Have a wonderful time, and I look forward to seeing your finished Hardanger

Annie's Sweet Stitches said...

Hello

Just found your lovely blog and become a follower.

I'm so excited for you, what a lovely birthday present and what a lovely hubby!
The accommodation looks so peaceful!
The hardanger project looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hello

I just posted the above message but with the wrong account, so please ignore it.
I've become a follower of your lovely blog.

I'm so excited for you, what a great birthday present and a great husband you have!
The hardanger project looks lovely!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a perfect gift for you! I am SO happy for you! You'll have such a wonderful experience and you can share it with all of us! Give that hubby and extra hug!

Julie said...

An exciting birthday treat, how lovely for you.

Laurita Hall said...

The best gift ever!
Congrats Cucki

Trace4J said...

Oh what a lucky Laloooo are you!
Your hubby sure is a sweetie.
Happy Stitching.
Hugs & JOY
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Brigitte said...

Wow, that's a very exciting surprise. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures from there. But you still have to be patient, lol.

ricketyjo said...

What a fantastic gift from your hubby! I'm excited for you, I hope you have a wonderful time! xx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely work :D awesome gift!